As a result of success in the doctor of chiropractic program, the student will be able to:
- Perform appropriate patient assessments and formulate a diagnosis/es.
- Execute and update appropriate case management plans.
- Promote health, wellness, safety and disease prevention including public health issues relevant to patients.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately in patient care and professional interactions including producing, updating and protecting accurate patient records and relevant documentation.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct and knowledge of the legal responsibilities of a health care provider and clinical practice owner or employee.
- Critically access, appraise, and apply scientific literature and other health information resources to provide effective patient care.
- Deliver safe, appropriate and effective treatments including spinal manipulation.
- Communicate and collaborate with other health care professionals regarding patient care.
- Integrate knowledge of basic and clinical science.
The UWS catalog houses the curriculum, course descriptions, curriculum sequence and other helpful information about the program. View the current catalog.