COVID-19 Information for Students Interested in Touring
In light of the recent spread of the COVID-19 virus, University of Western States (UWS), in an abundance of caution, is not scheduling any future in-person tours of our new campus for March or April.
We are disappointed that we are unable to take prospective UWS students on a tour of the new state-of-the art campus. However, the health and safety of our community, including student visitors, is our number one priority. Moving to campus video tours, online admissions counseling and informational webinar sessions will allow prospective students to receive timely information and ensure the well-being of our community until we are able to invite you to campus in person. Our office is ready and excited to support future students with these additional online opportunities.
To get more information contact your admissions advisor. If you do not have an assigned advisor please email [email protected] or call 800-641-5641.
We are so excited for you to be a part of our community and look forward to meeting you in person. In the meantime, stay well!
Join us for a campus video tour!
Schedule Your UWS Community Tour
A UWS community tour is a great way to experience university life and see firsthand what awaits you at UWS. Visits are available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, except during holidays or other special circumstances.
A tour will include an appointment with your admissions advisor, a meeting with our financial aid team, a campus led tour from a student ambassador and the opportunity to observe one or two classes. Your family is welcome to join you during your visit.
Take a look at the tour availability schedule before you sign up for a particular date. Then please schedule your visit by completing the online form to the left (complete one form for each student attending the visit). We ask that you submit your request at least two weeks in advance for the best experience possible. After your request is processed, a confirmation including a detailed schedule, campus map and parking information, will be emailed to the address on file.
Please contact our office directly if you are a person with a disability and desire assistance.
Specific questions or requests can be handled by calling or emailing: [email protected] | 503-251-5734
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN STATES
8000 NE Tillamook Street
Portland, Oregon 97213
Find a campus map and directions here.
A tour will include a visit to our anatomical science building and allow prospective students to preview the anatomy lab. Because this part of the tour may include viewing cadavers or other sensitive materials, it is only available to students 16 years and older. If you have concerns about this, please let the admissions coordinator and your tour guide know in advance.
Make it a vacation
- Portland Pride
- Waterfront Blues Festival
- The Big Float
- PDX Pop Now!
- Oregon Brewer’s Fest
- Bridge Pedal
- PDX Adult Soapbox Derby
- MusicFest NW
- Hood to Coast Relay
- Time-Based Art Festival
- FEAST Portland
- Portland Queer Film Fest
- Portland Marathon
- Hood River Valley Harvest Fest
- Giant Pumpkin Regatta
- World Beard & Mustache Championships
- Holiday Ale Fest
- Crafty Wonderland Holiday
- Fertile Ground Festival
- Portland International Film Festival
- Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival
- Spring Beer & Wine Festival
- Soul’d Out Music Festival
- Taste of the Nation Portland
- Bridgetown Comedy Festival
- Portland Rose Festival
Events in and around Portland are always being added. Visit TravelPortland.com for more event and travel ideas.
The University of Western States main campus is located in a bustling neighborhood, 15 minutes from downtown Portland and close to public transportation at 8000 NE Tillamook Street. The neighborhood, Madison South, offers a lively atmosphere and borders the neighborhoods of Sumner, Roseway, Parkrose, Cully, Montavilla and Rose City. Some landmarks and attractions near to campus include the Grotto, Rocky Butte Natural Area, Rose City Golf Course, and Madison High School – as well as many restaurants and coffee shops. The main campus is served by a TriMet bus stop adjacent to the site and a MAX Light Rail Station within one-quarter mile. It is also on the Tillamook Neighborhood Greenway bike route. The building itself holds active learning classrooms, an accessible clinic and modern equipment and resources.
Highlights of our campus include:
- Four traditional lecture classrooms (one of which can be divided into two smaller classrooms).
- Three multi-purpose classrooms to allow hands-on practice and active learning.
- Four technique labs.
- Specialty classrooms including a science lab, a computer lab and a radiographic technique lab.
- Flexible furniture in classrooms so that the space can be changed in the future as needed.
- An exercise area that is roughly 4,000 square feet, (compared to 1,800 square feet in the current exercise area).
- At least six dedicated private study rooms as well as increased space for both quiet and group study options:
- 1,800 square feet of dedicated and closed off quiet study space.
- 2,700 square feet of group study space in the student commons (compared to 900 square feet currently).
- Roughly 3,600 square feet of study space in the new library, (compared to roughly 2,700 square feet of study space in the current library).
- A modern health care facility designed to fulfill patient needs and provide exceptional opportunities for clinical training.
- A more prominent location, closer to public transportation options, allowing for the university to more easily serve its’ new neighborhood and the Portland community.
Please call 800-641-5641 or email [email protected] for details about hotel accommodation.