COVID-19 Information for Students Interested in Touring
University of Western States (UWS) has reopened for in-person campus tours! Although our tours will be a little different than they were before the coronavirus pandemic, we are very happy to host you at our new state-of-the-art campus for a visit.
The health and safety of our community, including student visitors, is our number one priority. To uphold the safety of our community, all campus guests, students, employees and patients are currently required to wear face coverings while in common areas. We encourage all campus visitors to bring their own face covering, if possible, but the campus front desk has disposable options available if needed. In the event that you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms, or have had, and/or been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days, we kindly ask that you postpone your visit to campus to a future date.
If you are unable or uncomfortable touring campus in person at this time, we have plenty of other options for you to get familiar with the university. You can view our campus video tour below, join a virtual open house, watch a webinar, or drop-in during a Q&A session. Our advisors are also available for individual appointments via phone or video chat. Our office is ready and excited to support future students with these online opportunities.
We are so excited for you to be a part of our community and look forward to meeting you in person. In the meantime, stay well!
Join us for a campus video tour!
Schedule Your UWS Campus Tour
A UWS campus tour is a great way to experience university life and see firsthand what awaits you at UWS. Visits are available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, except during holidays or other special circumstances.
Take a look at the tour availability schedule before you sign up for a particular date. Then please schedule your visit by completing the online form to the left (complete one form for each student attending the visit). We ask that you submit your request at least two weeks in advance for the best experience possible. After your request is processed, a confirmation including a detailed schedule, campus map and parking information, will be emailed to the address on file.
Please contact our office directly if you are a person with a disability and desire assistance.
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN STATES
8000 NE Tillamook Street
Portland, Oregon 97213
Find a campus map and directions here.
Your visit will include a first-hand look at clinics, classrooms, the library, fitness center, common study areas and more. When you arrive on the UWS campus you may park in any “Visitor” parking spot, then enter the building through the main entrance at the center of campus. Once inside, please check-in at the front desk at the top of the stairs. After you have checked-in, a UWS staff member will greet you, take you on a campus tour and answer any questions you may have.
Make it a vacation
- Portland Pride
- Waterfront Blues Festival
- The Big Float
- PDX Pop Now!
- Oregon Brewer’s Fest
- Bridge Pedal
- PDX Adult Soapbox Derby
- MusicFest NW
- Hood to Coast Relay
- Time-Based Art Festival
- FEAST Portland
- Portland Queer Film Fest
- Portland Marathon
- Hood River Valley Harvest Fest
- Giant Pumpkin Regatta
- World Beard & Mustache Championships
- Holiday Ale Fest
- Crafty Wonderland Holiday
- Fertile Ground Festival
- Portland International Film Festival
- Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival
- Spring Beer & Wine Festival
- Soul’d Out Music Festival
- Taste of the Nation Portland
- Bridgetown Comedy Festival
- Portland Rose Festival
Events in and around Portland are always being added. Visit TravelPortland.com for more event and travel ideas.
About Our Campus
The University of Western States main campus is located in a bustling neighborhood, 15 minutes from downtown Portland and close to public transportation at 8000 NE Tillamook Street. The neighborhood, Madison South, offers a lively atmosphere and borders the neighborhoods of Sumner, Roseway, Parkrose, Cully, Montavilla and Rose City. Some landmarks and attractions near to campus include the Grotto, Rocky Butte Natural Area, Rose City Golf Course, and Madison High School – as well as many restaurants and coffee shops. The main campus is served by a TriMet bus stop adjacent to the site and a MAX Light Rail Station within one-quarter mile. It is also on the Tillamook Neighborhood Greenway bike route. The building itself holds active learning classrooms, an accessible clinic and modern equipment and resources.
Highlights of our campus include:
- Four traditional lecture classrooms (one of which can be divided into two smaller classrooms).
- Three multi-purpose classrooms to allow hands-on practice and active learning.
- Four technique labs.
- Specialty classrooms including a science lab, a computer lab and a radiographic technique lab.
- Flexible furniture in classrooms so that the space can be changed in the future as needed.
- An exercise area that is roughly 4,000 square feet.
- At least six dedicated private study rooms as well as increased space for both quiet and group study options:
- 1,800 square feet of dedicated and closed off quiet study space.
- 2,700 square feet of group study space in the student commons.
- Roughly 3,600 square feet of study space in the new library.
- A modern health care facility designed to fulfill patient needs and provide exceptional opportunities for clinical training.
- A more prominent location, closer to public transportation options, allowing for the university to more easily serve its’ new neighborhood and the Portland community.