Transfer Students

transfer students

University of Western States gives full consideration to all applicants for admission desiring to transfer from other chiropractic or health-profession related programs. Transfer students must meet the same standards for admission as new students, including prerequisite course patterns, cumulative GPA and pre-professional coursework. Applicants for transfer to UWS must be in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in the program from which transfer credit is requested.

Students wishing to inquire about or to begin the transfer process should consult with an admissions advisor. To reach one of our advisors, call 800-641-5641 or email the admissions department.

Awarding Transfer Credit

Transfer credits must have been earned at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education or its foreign equivalent. Non-traditional or non-institutionally-based coursework that is recommended by the American Council on Education¹s (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT) may also be considered for transfer credit. The university makes no provisions for exemption of a course based on life or work experience or information gathered through other non-course work.

Transfer credit will only be awarded for courses with a grade of C or better and must be judged to be equivalent in content and credit hours to corresponding courses at UWS as determined on a course-by-course basis by the appropriate faculty or staff.

  • Doctor of Chiropractc and master’s program transfer students must earn the final 25 percent of program credits at UWS.