The UWS office of the registrar supports course registration and maintains permanent student admission and academic records. The office processes grade reports, fulfills transcript requests, makes records available to students and others as allowed by federal, state law and institutional policy and manages veteran’s education benefits.
What do you need?
Click on a button below to find out more information.
The office of the registrar is now offering electronic transcripts. However, we will still mail official transcripts and duplicate diplomas upon request. Official transcripts are generally prepared and released within 3-5 business days of request. Additional time should be allowed for requests of student records when the last date of attendance was 10 or more years ago or if requests are made during peak periods and university closures. Transcripts are still made available for UWS programs that have been discontinued.
Students with holds on their account that block the release of their official documents must resolve the hold with the appropriate campus office before the registrar’s office will release the document.
A common error that requestors make is not checking to see if their final grades or graduation have posted before ordering their final record. If you would like your transcripts to be held until final grades or a graduation date is posted, be sure to indicate these special handling instructions on your request. Documents will be provided as requested and no refunds will be issued.
Register for Courses
If you are a current student you can start the enrollment verification process by contacting the registrar’s office. The registrar’s office will then create a letter for you to submit by fax or mail. If you have been accepted but are not yet a student, you must to request a letter from your admissions advisor.
It may take as many as five business days before the enrollment verification will be produced and mailed, faxed or is able to be picked up at the front desk. If your request is urgent, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Note: If you are an outside agency requesting a verification, the request must be in writing and accompanied by a signed release from the former student allowing us to release the information.
Contact [email protected] to start the enrollment verification process.
Change of Name
A student’s name of record includes first name, middle initial or full middle name and the family name. The college will change the name of a currently enrolled student or alumnus on its official records upon receipt of a request in writing accompanied by evidence of the legal basis for the change. A record of the previous name will be maintained, but all official documents will be released under the new name. Students who wish to change their legal name with the college may do so by submitting the name change form and required documentation to the registrar’s office (U.S. citizens – social security card; Non-U.S. citizens – passport/court issued documents).
Replacement or duplicate diplomas are available for a fee to graduates of the institution. All replacement diplomas carry the following statement: “Reissue of original diploma, signed by current officers of the University of Western States. Diploma originally issued under the authority of Western States Chiropractic College.” Please note that diploma orders may take up to three months to process.
Duplicate diploma requests must be made in writing. Federal guidelines require your signature to release academic information. Your request may be mailed, faxed or brought to the office of the registrar in person along with the payment.
Contact [email protected] to start the diploma replacement process.
Leave and Withdrawal
Occasionally students need to take time away from school to attend to personal matters, medical matters or to pursue additional educational enrichment opportunities. UWS provides options for taking the time needed. Learn more about approved leave and complete the leave inquiry form.
Program Course Schedules
Masters and Doctorate Programs
Current Term Exercise Sports Science*
Current Term Sports Medicine*
Current Term Human Nutrition & Functional Medicine*
Current Term MS Sport Performance & Psychology*
Current Term EdD Sport Performance & Psychology*
Current Term MS Clinical and Mental Health Counseling*
Current Term EdD Clinical and Mental Health Counseling*
Upcoming Term Sports Medicine*
Upcoming Term Human Nutrition & Functional Medicine*
Upcoming Term MS Sport Performance & Psychology*
Upcoming Term EdD Sport Performance & Psychology*
Upcoming Term MS Clinical and Mental Health Counseling*
Upcoming Term EdD Clinical and Mental Health Counseling*
Annual FERPA Notification
Those rights are:
- The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days from when the university receives a request for access.
- Students should submit written requests to the office of the registrar that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect. A university official will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the university official to whom the request was submitted, the student shall be advised of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.
- The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records that the student believes are inaccurate, misleading or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy rights. Students may ask the university to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or they may identify the part of the record they want changed and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. If the university decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the university will notify the student of the decision and advise of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.
- The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. One exception that permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to university officials with legitimate educational interests. A university official is a person employed by the university in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the university has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Higher Education; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another university official in performing his or her tasks. A university official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.
- The right to refuse to permit the designation of any or all of the following categories of personally identifiable information as directory information. Any student wishing to exercise this right must inform the registrar in writing.
- Student name
- UWS email
- Program of study
- Degrees received
- Dates of attendance
- Date of graduation
- Enrollment status (full-time, part-time, or not enrolled)
- The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by UWS to comply with the requirements of FERPA.
FERPA Administration Office: Family Policy Compliance Office U.S. Department of Education 600 Independence Avenue SW Washington, DC 20202-4605
Choosing to release information or block your directory information? Contact [email protected] to initiate your FERPA request.
Send all requests to:
University of Western States
8000 NE Tillamook St.
Portland, OR 97213
Please send your fax request to the attention of the registrar at fax number 503-251-5731.
If you have questions, please call the registrar at 503-847-2560 or email at [email protected]