The office of career and professional development at UWS offers resources to students and alumni related to business success in their chosen field. We have refined these services over the years and continue to solicit feedback to meet the needs of both current students and alumni. We provide structured assistance to empower students and alumni to reach their professional goals.
The office of career and professional development provides focused guidance in the following areas:
- Establishing connections to jobs and employers via Switchboard or other sites as well as connections to alumni and mentors through the Peer Mentorship Program.
- Providing and offering resources and education for creating resumes and curriculum vitae, interviewing skills, contract negotiation, market analysis, business plan creation and marketing through our online toolbox, webinars and in-person sessions.
- Facilitating opportunities for students to connect with the internal and external community to practice networking, public speaking, unique sales propositions (“elevator speech”) and other essential professional development skills.
Professional Development Opportunities Calendar
- April 20, 2023 – UWS Career Fair
- May 2, 2023 – Trauma-informed practice/care/systems live webinar
Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine
Integrative and Functional Medicine Jobs
Sports and Performance Psychology
Sports Psychology Jobs – AASP Career Center (appliedsportpsych.org)
In this section, you can find some useful resources as you progress in your career. Please continue to check this section as we will be adding more content for your professional growth and development.
For professional opportunities, mentorship and advice, we hope you will consider creating an account and posting a personal ‘ask’ or ‘offer’ on UWS Switchboard. UWS Switchboard is free from spammers, advertisers, and large-scale brokers. It is a place where our community members can ask for what they need or offer what they have to share.
Case Studies and Reviews
Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine (HNFM)
BioLounge’s case studies newsletter: https://learn.bioloungepdx.com/clinical-insider
CNS Mentorship Options
The following list contains resources that may be useful for earning supervised clinical hours applicable to certified nutrition specialist (CNS) requirements. These services may be offered by organizations or individuals and many will require payment. UWS does not evaluate or endorse these services, nor does it guarantee them as being accepted for CNS hours. This list is not exhaustive and is subject to change. Those considering these services should independently confirm that they meet all current applicable requirements as published by BCNS (https://theana.org/certify) before entering into any arrangements with them.
- ACN Mentorship Directory (requires paid membership)
- BioLounge Clinical Nutrition Immersion Program
- Clinician’s Incubator
- Nutrition Team by Kim Ross
- Functional Medicine Clinic Immersion
- Integrative and Functional Nutrition Supervision
- Heidi Lyndaker, MS, CNS, LN
- The Nutrition Collaborative
- Lisa Hugh, MSHS, RD, LDH
- The Center for Integrative Wellness
- Tori Trocki, MS, CNS, CCN, NTP
- My CNS Hours
- The Nutrition & Herbal Collective
- CNS Virtual Academy
Alumni Career Showcase
Notable UWS alumni give tours of their offices and share insights on their career paths in the Alumni Career Showcase video series.
The office of career and professional development is here for you.
Check back often for updated information about professional networking opportunities. We can keep you informed about professional networking opportunities, teach you how to network, provide statistics about your chosen field, help you with cover letters and resumes, and more. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Let us know!