About the SPP Master's Program
Graduates of the MS-SPP program will be able to be able to:
- Describe major concepts and current trends in research pertaining to sport psychology.
- Identify and explain the legal and ethical issues involved with consulting in sport psychology.
- Demonstrate the ability to design activities and ethical interventions in sport and performance contexts that will lead to improved performance and satisfaction.
- Communicate through discussion and writing the terminology, concepts, and connections between science, counseling and consulting in sport psychology.
- Recognize and integrate a variety of techniques available to improve health, enhance performance and overall wellness.
8 AASP Knowledge Competency Areas:
- K1 – Professional Ethics and Standards
- K2 – Sport Psychology
- K3 – Sport Science
- K4 – Psychopathology
- K5 – Helping Relationships
- K6 – Research Methods and Statistics
- K7 – Psychological Foundations of Behavior
- K8 – Diversity and Culture
The UWS catalog houses the curriculum, course descriptions, curriculum sequence and other helpful information about the program. View the current catalog.