What can the library do for you?
The UWS library is here to help you succeed in your academic and scholarly work. In addition to a bright and comfortable physical space, the library hosts a substantial physical resource collection, anatomical and bone model collection and course reserves collection (containing required and recommended texts for all UWS programs). Additional services include device borrowing (laptops, iPads), study material borrowing (headphones, chargers, standing desks, etc.), print/scan/copy/fax, notary services and a set of curated research guides.
Further, the UWS librarians are here to…
- Guide you to the most appropriate databases and resources for your information needs.
- Work with you to create effective search strategies.
- Save you time in doing article searches and literature reviews.
- Locate full-text articles from citations (and teach you how to DIY).
- Teach you how to find, use, and cite information ethically, responsibly and professionally.
- Assist you with using RefWorks or other tools to cite your sources.
Have a question about something we didn’t mention? Contact library staff and let us know!
Popular Library Resource Guides
Students are encouraged to check the library catalog for electronic versions of required and recommended textbooks before purchasing. The library carries a few copies all of the required and recommended textbooks in print and has been able to obtain electronic versions of many textbooks for all programs at UWS, saving students hundreds of dollars per term. To see the current listing of textbooks available in the library, see the Course Reserves guide.