Student clubs are a great way to get to know your classmates, get involved on campus and above all else, have fun!
Wondering when a particular club is meeting? View the events calendar to find club meeting times.
Don’t see one you like? Start your own club! Please fill out a student club application and return to student services.
Contact student services for information about a specific club.
MOST ACTIVE STUDENT CLUBS AT UWS
Associated Student Body (ASB)
ASB 2017 Elections
Nominations for ASB president, vice president, treasurer and secretary are open for submission. Any UWS student is eligible to nominate a candidate. The candidate must be a current UWS student, have a 2.5 GPA, and will be continually enrolled for the summer 2017- spring 2018 quarters. Please email nominations to Catherine Kanda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination submissions are due April 14, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Voting and elections will begin April 18 and candidates will be announced May 2.
Below are the descriptions of each position, if nominated or curious for more information per position please contact the current ASB executives.
1. To preside at ASB meetings.
2. To ensure the implementation of programs and policies adopted by the ASB.
3. To represent the Student Body to the Institution Administration, the Board of Trustees, the professional community and the general public.
4. To work with the student services department as the primary ASB liaison.
5. To meet with Student Services or other designated UWS administrator on a scheduled and regular basis, and as needed.
1. To perform the duties of the president in his/her absence.
2. To coordinate student representation on institution administrative committees in adherence with Administrative Policy.
3. To solicit specific proposals and ideas for the improvement of the institution from ASB membership.
1. To develop and implement an annual budget for all ASB activities, subject to the approval of the ASB Council, for submission to the UWS administration.
2. To present a financial summary to the ASB at the end of each term.
3. To review all requests for funds presented to the ASB and to give recommendations to the Council as to their fiscal feasibility.
4. To coordinate and maintain records of all financial activities of the ASB according to accepted financial procedures, and to make available for audit all records pertaining to ASB finances upon request of the ASB, Student Services or the University administration.
5. To maintain the club fundraising calendar.
1. To be responsible for developing and maintaining a communications network for the Student Body.
2. To ensure that a written record is kept of all ASB meetings, including a record of attendance. This record shall be posted on the Student Services Board in the Administration building, or other suitable location as determined by Student Services.
3. To be familiar with Robert’s Rules of Order and available for consultation on procedural matters in ASB Council meetings.
Veterans at UWS
- Adjustive Technique Club
- Aikido Body and Mind Coordination Club
- Aloha Outreach
- Art of Chiropractic Club
- Business Club
- Chiro Games
- Chiropractic-related Skill Development Club
- Christian Club
- Crossfit Club
- Garden Club
- Neurology Club
- Pediatric Club
- Rehab Club R2P
- SAIM UWS Chapter
- Salsa Club
- Service Trip Club
- Soft Tissue Mobilization Club
- Spinal and Extremities Assessment Club
- Sports Medicine Club
- U-Jam Club
- Ultimate Frisbee Club
- Veterinary Club
- Western Applied
- Women’s Alliance of UWS
These groups vary from year to year depending on student involvement.