The White Coat Ceremony recognizes students in the doctor of chiropractic program and the doctor of naturopathic medicine program as they enter into direct patient care as clinical interns. Congratulations on this important milestone!
- Intern RSVP – form will be available June 2024
- The White Coat Ceremony takes place on Friday of week 2 in quarters that students enter clinical internship.
- Time: Ceremony will begin at 3 p.m. Guest seating will open at 2:45 p.m.
- Location: University of Western States, Student Commons, 8000 NE Tillamook Street Portland, Oregon 97213
- Livestream – Link to register for the livestream will be available June 2024
2 p.m. Interns arrive – dress rehearsal starts at 2p.m.
2:30 p.m. Intern cohort photo
2:45 p.m. Guest seating begins
2:50 p.m. Interns return to seat – same order as for rehearsal
3 p.m. White coat ceremony begins
Reception immediately to follow in the atrium.
- Please come with your white coat and dress according to attire requirements for clinic shifts.
- Mandatory dress rehearsal starts at 2 p.m. Please plan to arrive early to claim your seat and to participate in the rehearsal.
- All guests will be directed to the guest waiting room upon arrival.
- Reception with refreshments will be available in the atrium after the ceremony.
- COVID-19 Safety. If you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or if you test positive, please stay home and email [email protected]. Please do not come in person if you are sick.
Students are eligible to participate in the White Coat Ceremony in the term that they enter into clinical internship. If you have questions about your white coat ceremony eligibility, please contact Brittany Martin at [email protected].
Interns must have a white coat to participate in the ceremony and for the clinic. Previous interns recommend purchasing white coats from the Campus Store, Amazon or Figs.
Tickets are not required for guests to attend the ceremony. The number of guests allowed is determined by how many interns will be invited to participate in the ceremony and what space will be used on the UWS campus. The number will be determined in the quarter before your white coat ceremony is held.
Photos and Livestream
Group photos will take place after rehearsals and before the ceremony begins. If you would like to be in the group photo, please arrive on-time for rehearsals. There will be candid photos being taken during the ceremony. The ceremony will be livestreamed for guests that are unable to attend in person. A recording and all photos will be emailed to interns shortly after the ceremony.
There are many hotels to choose from in the Portland area. To help with your selection, please visit www.travelportland.com for information on Portland hotels.
For those visiting from out of town, here are some resources to help you explore the surrounding area:
The UWS parking lot includes accessible parking, and there is an elevator between the entrance level and the first floor, where the ceremony will take place. Students or guests with accessibility needs should email [email protected] for more information about accessibility on the UWS campus or to make specific arrangements for accessibility.