What do you need?
University of Western States is pleased to announce the most recent edition of the inTouch magazine!
Posting to the UWS Community
- Continuing Education: 10% discount on all live UWS sponsored continuing education.
- UWS Library: Check out how you can still use the library as an alum.
- Campus Store: 10% alumni discount on all UWS campus store purchases.
- Hotel Discounts: Save up to 55% on hotels all over the country with HotelStorm. Contact [email protected] for an alumni password.
- CSPE Care Pathways and Protocols UWS care pathways and protocols provide evidence-informed, consensus-based guidelines to support clinical decision making. To best meet a patient’s healthcare needs, variation from these guidelines may be appropriate based on more current information, clinical judgment of the practitioner, and/or patient preferences.
- NCMIC’s practice resources provide detailed information about business planning, financing and insurance. Other topics covered include office management and hiring tips, as well as best practices for marketing and networking.
- ACA’s practice management resources include sample documentation and coding information (available to ACA members), as well as broader practice management information available to all.
- Practice Academy is designed to teach health care practitioners how to ethically and effectively build and grow their private practices or small businesses. Articles provide tips and techniques for building a successful online presence. Recommended reading – “Building a Digital Presence: Simplified”
- Wellpdx is an online directory of chiropractors, massage therapists, naturopathic doctors and acupuncturists practicing in the Portland area.
- Holistic Entrepreneur Association is an online resource and community designed to provide health and wellness practitioners with resources and tools to build successful practices.
- UWS YouTube Channel with content originating from UWS alumni and friends including alumni career showcases, LGBTQ+ chiropractic insights panel and a panel on chiropractic retirement.
Faculty and Staff Directory
We invite you to explore our alumni and friends offerings and learn more about ways to get involved.
What is the preceptorship?
The preceptorship is an opportunity for 12th quarter interns in the Doctor of Chiropractic program to complete their education in the office of an experienced, licensed, approved chiropractor in private practice. Preceptorships are designed to expand the opportunities for individualized learning and professional growth by interns prior to graduation. The preceptor is the clinical teacher, role model and mentor contributing to the final component of the intern’s clinical education and training.
How do I participate as a UWS preceptor doctor?
Doctors interested in applying to be preceptors for the university can visit our preceptor page for more information or express their interest via email to [email protected]. A representative from the preceptor program will respond to inquiries and will review the eligibility requirements, describe the application process and prepare an application packet for completion.
How often will I have an intern placed in my practice?
Hosting an intern in a preceptorship is not an automatic or continual process. Doctors approved as eligible preceptors are identified as such. Interns select their preceptorship location and are placed with the approved preceptor. Preceptorships are normally 10 weeks in length.
Refer a Student
Student referrals are one of the most important ways our alumni and friends can give back. Because of that we consider our student referrers to be the cornerstone of our university. Our Cornerstone Society is a community network that is a critical part of how talented professionals find their way to UWS programs.
Do you know someone who is interested in learning more about a UWS program? Simply submit their information here.
Questions? [email protected]
Alumni Book Club
The UWS Alumni Book Club is an online community where UWS alumni, friends, faculty and staff connect with each other to read and discuss books on a wide range of health and professional topics, as well as member-submitted recommendations. Learn more and sign up to participate!
Give to UWS
Alumni Relations Mission and Brochure
Mission Statement: Connecting UWS alumni and friends to foster a vibrant and engaged community of integrated health care professionals.