What do you need?
University of Western States is pleased to announce the most recent edition of the inTouch magazine!
Posting to the UWS Community
- Continuing Education: 10% discount on all live UWS sponsored continuing education.
- UWS Library: Check out how you can still use the library as an alum.
- Campus Store: 10% alumni discount on all UWS campus store purchases.
- Hotel Discounts: Save up to 55% on hotels all over the country with HotelStorm. Contact [email protected] for an alumni password.
- CSPE Care Pathways and Protocols UWS care pathways and protocols provide evidence-informed, consensus-based guidelines to support clinical decision making. To best meet a patient’s healthcare needs, variation from these guidelines may be appropriate based on more current information, clinical judgment of the practitioner, and/or patient preferences.
- NCMIC’s practice resources provide detailed information about business planning, financing and insurance. Other topics covered include office management and hiring tips, as well as best practices for marketing and networking.
- ACA’s practice management resources include sample documentation and coding information (available to ACA members), as well as broader practice management information available to all.
- Practice Academy is designed to teach health care practitioners how to ethically and effectively build and grow their private practices or small businesses. Articles provide tips and techniques for building a successful online presence. Recommended reading – “Building a Digital Presence: Simplified”
- Wellpdx is an online directory of chiropractors, massage therapists, naturopathic doctors and acupuncturists practicing in the Portland area.
- Holistic Entrepreneur Association is an online resource and community designed to provide health and wellness practitioners with resources and tools to build successful practices.
Faculty and Staff Directory
We invite you to explore our alumni and friends offerings and learn more about ways to get involved.
What is the preceptorship?
The preceptorship is an opportunity for 12th quarter interns in the Doctor of Chiropractic program to complete their education in the office of an experienced, licensed, approved chiropractor in private practice. Preceptorships are designed to expand the opportunities for individualized learning and professional growth by interns prior to graduation. The preceptor is the clinical teacher, role model and mentor contributing to the final component of the intern’s clinical education and training.
How do I participate as a UWS preceptor doctor?
Doctors interested in applying to be preceptors for the university can visit our preceptor page for more information or express their interest via email to [email protected]. A representative from the preceptor program will respond to inquiries and will review the eligibility requirements, describe the application process and prepare an application packet for completion.
How often will I have an intern placed in my practice?
Hosting an intern in a preceptorship is not an automatic or continual process. Doctors approved as eligible preceptors are identified as such. Interns select their preceptorship location and are placed with the approved preceptor. Preceptorships are normally 10 weeks in length.
Refer a Student
The UWS Student Referral Recognition Program celebrates the important contribution of people who refer students to enroll in any graduate-level degree or certificate program.
Who is eligible to be recognized for referring a student?
Alumni, friends of the university, board members, current students and most employees can be recognized for referring a student to UWS.
Employees whose primary work duties include recruiting new students (such as program directors, admissions officers and other employees who complete paid travel on behalf of the admissions office) are not eligible to be recognized through this program.
What UWS programs are eligible for student referral recognition?
Referrals to all graduate-level degree or certificate programs offered at UWS are eligible for recognition. Referrals to undergraduate-level programs or pre-professional coursework do not qualify.
What are the benefits to students?
Students’ $50 application fee is refunded to their student account as a thank you for participating in the UWS student referral program. The office of alumni relations sends an email to students after they begin their first term to share information about their application fee refund and welcome them to UWS.
Who should I contact if I have questions about the Student Referral Recognition Program?
Please email the alumni relations team at [email protected] if you have questions about the program or the status of your referral.
Alumni Book Club
The UWS Alumni Book Club is an online community where UWS alumni, friends, faculty and staff connect with each other to read and discuss books on a wide range of health and professional topics, as well as member-submitted recommendations. Learn more and sign up to participate!
Give to UWS
Alumni Relations Mission and Brochure
Mission Statement: Connecting UWS alumni and friends to foster a vibrant and engaged community of integrated health care professionals.