If you are a veteran or a member of the Reserves or National Guard and plan to attend University of Western States, you may be eligible for educational benefits through the Veterans Administration. Benefits may also be available to spouses and children of veterans.
Who are the veteran services coordinators at UWS?
Where do I start?
Which veterans educational benefits are covered at UWS?
University of Western States accepts the following VA educational benefits:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Chapter 32: Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 33: Post 9-11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 35: Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEAP)
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Which programs can I use my benefits for at UWS?
The following programs have been approved for VA educational benefits:
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- MS in Exercise and Sport Science
- MS in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine
- MS Sports Medicine
- MS Sport and Performance Psychology
- EdD Sport and Performance Psychology
- MS Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- EdD Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Sport and Performance Specialization
- Certificate – Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine
- Certificate – Applied Sport Psychology
- Certificate – Positive Leadership and Administration
- Certificate – Sports Nutrition
Does University of Western States participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
What do I need to do after I am accepted at University of Western States?
What happens after I start at University of Western States?
How does monthly housing allowance work?
- Burial and memorial benefits
- Health benefits and services
- Life insurance program and compensation and pension benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation and employment services
- Home loan guaranty services
Call 800-827-1000 for more information about other veteran benefits and services.