Registering for classes? You’ve come to the right place. On this page you will find helpful information about how to register for your courses, including important dates and who to contact if you run into issues.
SPRING TERM STARTS: Monday, April 10, 2023
Registration opens: Monday, February 13, 2023
- Log on to myuws.edu.
- Self-register online by following these step-by-step instructions.
- Use Firefox or Chrome as your web browser to register for classes.
Registration and Payment Timeline
- Priority Deadline for Registration: Friday, March 17, 2023
- Courses Available in UWS Canvas:
- College of graduate studies: Friday, April 7 in the afternoon
- Doctor of chiropractic courses: at instructor’s discretion during week one.
- Term Begins: Monday, April 10, 2023
- Tuition Due: Monday, April 10, 2023
- Add/Drop Period Ends: Sunday, April 16, 2023
- Financial Aid for College of Chiropractic Students Disbursed: Monday, April 10, 2023
- Financial Aid for Online Student Disbursed: Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- Tuition Grace Period Ends: Friday, April 21, 2023
View the UWS academic calendar for more important dates.
Tuition and Financial Aid Information
- Late registration or late changes to registration can affect the charges to your account and may impact your financial aid.
- Learn more about tuition and fees, payment options and payment plans on the business office webpage.
- To discuss your student account, contact the business office at [email protected] or 503-847-2553.
- Financial aid for online students is dispersed at the beginning of week 2. You must participate in your course during week 1 to receive your financial aid award.
- For questions about financial aid, contact the office of financial aid at [email protected] or 503-847-2563.
Continuous Enrollment and Approved Leave
UWS requires continuous enrollment in your academic program. If you think you may need a break from your program, please request an approved leave here.
These planners reflect coursework started in fall 2022. If you started your program prior to fall 2022 please contact your student advisor.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Science: Download planner.
Doctor of Clinical Nutrition
- Doctor of Clinical Nutrition: Download planner.
Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine
- Master of Science: Download planner
- Master of Science with foundational biochemistry: Download planner
- IFM information for MS-HNFM students.
- Graduate Certificate: Download planner.
Sport and Performance Psychology
If you have any questions about the planner, suggested coursework or course elective options, please contact Dr. Sarah Castillo, SPP program director or student success for assistance. If you are a current student and would like to change your concentration, please submit a concentration change form.
Applied Sport Psychology Graduate Certificate: Download planner.
Master of Science
- MS-SPP: Download planner.
- MS-SPP Applied Practice Concentration: Download planner.
- MS-SPP Positive Coaching Concentration: Download planner.
Doctor of Education
- EdD-SPP: Download planner.
- EdD-SPP Sport and Performance Psychology Consulting Concentration: Download planner.
- EdD-SPP Positive Leadership and Administration Concentration: Download planner.
Sport and Performance Psychology with CMHC Specialization
Doctor of Education
- EdD-SPP with Clinical Mental Health Counseling Specialization: Download planner.
- EdD-SPP with Clinical Mental Health Counseling Specialization – Sport and Performance Psychology Consulting: Download planner.
- MS Sports Medicine – Physical Assessment and Rehabilitation Concentration: Download planner.
I’m in the doctor of chiropractic/sports medicine program. How do I register?
We take care of course registration on your behalf. So you don’t have to worry about that part. Continuing students will be registered for the next term around week 8 of the current term. New students will be registered for the next term a couple of weeks before the term starts. Once registered, students will receive a confirmation email from the registrar’s office that will include information on how to access the schedule through myUWS.
I want to take approved leave. How do I do this?
Students who wish to take a term off from their program must apply for approved leave. Request an approved leave here.
I’m returning from a leave. Is there anything I need to do to confirm my enrollment?
A member of our student success team will reach out to you soon to confirm your enrollment and answer any questions you have regarding your return to UWS. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact student success at [email protected].
How do I change my concentration or move down a degree level?
Please review the concentration and degree change webpage, then make an appointment with your advisor to initiate a change or ask questions.
I moved. How do I update my address?
Update your address on myuws.edu. Find instructions here.
How many courses do I need to be enrolled in to receive financial aid?
Students receiving financial aid must be enrolled at least half-time as defined by Policy 1203 Enrollment Status and all coursework must be necessary for graduation requirements. For example, taking an additional elective outside of the required 20 credits of electives may not qualify for financial aid. Failure to meet these standards may result in financial penalties or loss of financial aid eligibility.
Can late registration or registration changes affect my financial aid?
Yes, late registration or changes in registration can affect your assessment of charges, which could affect your financial aid.
Who to contact with specific questions
I need help with…
general registration, transcripts, enrollment verification, loan deferments or VA educational benefits
- Registrar’s Office: 503-847-2560, [email protected]
financial aid or scholarships
- Financial Aid Office: 503-847-2563, [email protected]
billing, payments or 1098T
- Business Office: 503-847-2553, [email protected]
technical issues or myuws.edu
- Submit a ticket at UWS ServiceHub
- Center for Teaching and Learning: Submit a ticket at UWS ServiceHub
- Textbook lists or Campus Store: 503-251-5763, [email protected]
library access or resources
- University Library: 503-251-5752, [email protected]
course offerings or what courses to take next:
- Student Succes: 503-251-2802, [email protected]
course content, capstone registration or special schedules:
- College of Chiropractic, Dean: Marty Kaeser, MEd, DC – 503-847-2598, [email protected]
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Program Director: Michelle Rose, PhD – 503-251-5726, [email protected]
- Clinical Nutrition, Program Director: Chris Browne, DC – 503-847-2615, [email protected]
- Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine, Program Director: Daniel Redwood, DC – 503-847-2612, [email protected]
- Sports Medicine, Program Director: Brent Marshall, EdD – [email protected]
- Sport and Performance Psychology, Program Director: Sarah Castillo, PhD, CMPC – [email protected]