The business office is the financial hub of the university, providing services for both students and employees.
If you have any financial concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to email the business office or call 503-847-2553.
Services for Students
Cost of Attendance
Services for Employees
Available to employee only.
(Business Office makes bank deposits for all university departments.)
One Card / purchasing cards
(One Card training resources are available on Udocs in the Business Office section.)
Payroll and timesheets
(UltiPro training resources are available on Udocs in the Business Office section.)
PCI DSS training
Methods and Acceptance of Payments
Please contact the business office if you have any questions about the payment acceptance.
Checks, Cash and Online Payments
Checks and Cash
Checks and money orders are accepted via mail or in person at the business office. Cash is only accepted in person at the business office.
- Payments by checks/money orders should be in US dollars and drawn on a US bank account. Checks for US dollars drawn on a foreign bank may be subject to bank fees
- Checks must be made payable to University of Western States and reference a school ID number
- UWS does not accept postdated checks
Mail checks to:
University of Western States
8000 NE Tillamook St.,
Portland, OR 97213
Returned or Non-Payable Checks/eChecks
Paper check payments and echeck payments can fail for a number of reasons. These may include insufficient funds, mistyped account information, or your bank’s individual policy regarding check payments. Before making payments on your student account, make sure that the account you are using has sufficient funds to cover your payment and double check that the information you have provided for echeck payment is correct.
If your check or echeck is returned due to a closed account, stopped payment, incorrect account number, or insufficient funds, UWS will:
- Reverse the original payment on your account
- Post a $35 returned check fee to your account
- Place a hold on your account if the return occurs after the tuition due date
- ACH/e-checks (free and available only for the accounts located in the US)
- Credit cards (subject to 2.6% convenience fee, with a minimum fee of $3.95)
How to pay:
- Requires the routing number and US-based bank account number
- Login to myUWS > Finances > Balance
- Click “Pay by e-check or credit card”
- Click on “Make a payment” and follow the prompts to submit payment
- Step-by-step instruction: How to View Balance and Pay Tuition Online