University of Western States has partnered with Flywire for international payments to streamline the tuition payment process for our students who need to wire funds to the school. UWS does not charge you for using the Flywire. However, your local bank may charge fees to initiate a transfer on your behalf.
Plan ahead and wire your payment far enough in advance to ensure that it reaches UWS before the tuition deadline. Wired funds transactions can take 2-5 business days to complete after your local bank initiates payment to Flywire.
By making a payment through Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night.
Check out this step-by-step instruction video: How to Make a Payment through Flywire
To get started, visit Flywire to begin the payment process.
How does it work?
- Flywire accept payments from any country – typically in your home currency. They work to secure wholesale foreign exchange rates and lower transfer fees that are lower than traditional banks.
- Once you initiate payment on uws.flywire.com, you will receive detailed instructions on how to transfer funds to UWS. Flywire will keep you informed every step in the process, including when funds reach your student account.
- You can be assured that you will never have a short-payment due to unexpected transfer fees or bank charges. For more information, view the videos about Flywire and how to make payment using Flywire.
- After you’ve made your payment, log back in to the Flywire website to review the status of your payment. UWS will be notified once Flywire has guaranteed the funds, even if it is not credited to your account yet.
- Flywire has 24/7 support available via phone, email, or skype. Please see Flywire support for contact information.
Why should international payers use Flywire?
Flywire offers wholesale foreign exchange rates – unmatched by traditional banks – which can add up to thousands of dollars in savings per each year of tuition. And, unlike large financial institutions, Flywire provides international multilingual support across multiple channels – voice, chat or email – to guide payers through the process. Payers gain peace of mind with the ability to track their payments via an online dashboard.
Is Flywire safe?
Flywire has received seals of approval from Trustee, McAfee and VeriSign and encrypt all information to ensure payer information is safe. Also, Flywire is compliant with strict AML (Anti Money Laundering), OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) and KYC (Know Your Customer) regulations.
Does Flywire have customer support?
Yes! Flywire has a dedicated customer support team that is available no matter which time zone you’re in. They are available to provide support to payers, parents, agents and anyone making a payment through Flywire. They can be reached via chat, email and phone: https://www.flywire.com/help
What countries does Flywire accept payments from?
Flywire accepts payments from every bank and every country. We are unable to accept payments from certain countries that are US government sanctioned. OFAC administers a number of US economic sanctions and embargoes that target geographic regions and governments. As a US incorporated entity with foreign branches and subsidiaries, Flywire must comply with these OFAC regulations. Get the full list of sanctioned countries here.
How long before my institution receives the money?
Bank Transfers: Kindly allow two to three business days from the date your bank releases the funds for Flywire to receive the payment. You will get a confirmation email once your payment is credited to our account. Once Flywire receives the funds, it can take an additional one to two business days for Flywire to deliver them to your institution. You will receive email notification throughout the process and can check your payment status at any time in your Flywire account.
Card and Online Payments: If you have chosen to pay with card or other online payment methods, your payment is automatically guaranteed to your institution. Flywire informs your institution and typically delivers your payment within 24 hours; however, some payments may take two to three business days to process. If you provide your institution with your payment ID, they can look up your account and see that your funds will be delivered shortly. You will receive email notification throughout the process and can check your payment status at any time in your Flywire account.
Which currency exchange rate will be applied to my payment?
Flywire’s competitive exchange rates are often lower than banks’ rates. It’s important to compare your personal bank’s rate, rather than the ones found online, to Flywire’s. The exchange rates posted on many websites are “mid-market rates,” which are not always available to the average consumer. Because exchange rates are in constant flux, please make sure to compare rates within the same timeframe, ideally one to two hours.
A payer found a better rate, could this happen?
Sometimes, the payer will compare mid-market rates to the rate Flywire is providing. This can be seen on sites like Yahoo Finance, Bloomberg, etc. However, if the payer goes to the bank, those rates do not include the bank fees of 3-5%. So most likely, Flywire is really offering the best rate. In case you do find a better rate, Flywire offers the “Best Rate Guarantee” feature. If the payer can get a better exchange rate at their bank within two hours of booking a payment with Flywire, they just need to provide Flywire’s support team a proof of the quote. It will be matched and Flywire will give the payer an extra $25. More details here: www.flywire.com/priceguarantee.
Do you accept credit cards/debit cards?
At this time, we’re able to accept debit and credit card payments for certain institutions. If the credit card option is available for your payment, Visa or MasterCard will be automatically displayed as payments options when you make a payment request on our website.
Why is my credit card payment not going through?
It is common for banks to block international card payments as a security measure. If your payment is being rejected, please reach out to your bank and notify them of the large international online payment you’re trying to make to Flywire. They can then remove any and all restrictions, and you should be able to try again.
Additionally, please make sure that the following information is correct when making a card payment:
- The brand of your card matches the brand of the card payment method chosen.
- The currency of your card matches the currency of the card payment method chosen.
How do I change my payment method?
Payment method cannot be changed. Please cancel the payment and create a new payment with the correct payment method entered.
Flywire doesn’t support a payer’s currency, why should a payer still use Flywire?
Even when payers can’t send funds in their home currency, they can still take advantage of many benefits:
- The payer will save on intermediary bank fees. Flywire covers those fees for the payer to guarantee the full amount will arrive.
- The institution will receive the funds and credit the payer account much quicker since we capture all of the payer details.
- Payers can track their payment via the dashboard or contact around the clock if they have any questions about the status of the payment. This is great for time zone issues.
How do I cancel my payment?
To cancel your payment, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account
- Click “Your Payments” then the section called “How is your payment going”
- Click on the blue tab called “Cancel Payment”
- If you want, you can now book a new payment. Please make sure that you have not already sent Flywire your payment, or you will have to contact your bank to have them stop and cancel the payment. Some payments cannot be canceled directly through the website, so if you cannot locate the cancellation button, you will need to contact customer support.
How to request a refund with Flywire:
If you made your payment through Flywire, then the refund should also be made through Flywire. If you wish to request a refund of an amount sent to Flywire, you will have to wait until your institution approves and authorizes the refund. Once the payment has been delivered, kindly contact your institution to request the refund. All funds sent to Flywire are considered property of the institution that they are sent to and will always be delivered to them. They will use their discretion to refund the money to the originating account through Flywire. The duration of the refund process depends on the currency and country that we are refunding back. We will always inform you once your refund has been issued. For compliance purposes, all refunds are to be returned to the original bank account from where the payment came from, and no refunds for cash deposits will be processed.
A payer already made a payment through Flywire; can they use the same bank instructions from the previous transactions?
No. It is very important every payer books through Flywire for every payment. In order to lock the exchange rate and ensure that the payment is tracked, a payer must book a payment through Flywire’s online portal every time. This also allows Flywire to cover any intermediary bank fees since they know the exact amount that will be arriving. Not booking can delay payments.
I forgot my Flywire account password. What do I do?
To reset your password, please use this link and follow the instructions provided. Make sure your new password contains at least six characters.
For international payments, University of Western States has partnered up with PayMyTuition. PayMyTuition is an easy-to-use, safe and seamless solution that allows international students to pay their tuition and fees in their local currency from any bank, in any country, in any currency at better than bank exchange rates. PayMyTuition is fast, simple and cost effective.
Students can now efficiently make a payment with PayMyTuition to fund all their invoices and tuition-related fees.
A tuition payment can be completed by visiting https://payment.paymytuition.com/paynow/uws: Make a Payment > Select University of Western States > Complete the secured online payment request
Students can track their payments online, and it is recommended to send payments at least 72 business hours before the due date.
For additional information on PayMyTuition visit www.paymytuition.com or call 1.855.663.6839 (toll-free) or through one of the local country contact numbers. You can also reach PayMyTuition Support at [email protected] or through their support page.
No matter what time zone you are in, you will have a dedicated customer support team available to you through live chat, email and phone to answer any of your questions and help you make your payment.
What is PayMyTuition?
PayMyTuition allows students to pay for their tuition and other fees in their home currency while saving them thousands of dollars on currency exchange and transfer fees. PayMyTuition offers international students wholesale rates that cannot be matched by banks. The savings can add up to thousands of dollars per payment.
PayMyTuition offers a best price guarantee. We will beat any bank or competitor’s exchange rate. We specialize in moving money for less…less than your bank, and less than our competitors.
Along with saving you money, PayMyTuition offers great services in multiple languages across several communication channels including phone, email, live support chat and Skype.
Why should I use PayMyTuition?
PayMyTuition allows international students to pay in their home currency with the assurance that their funds will arrive at their educational institution without any hidden fees or surcharges.
Some benefits include:
- Pay in your local currency at great exchange rates.
- There are no hidden fees or nasty bank charges.
- You can pay from anywhere 24/7 and anyone can pay on your behalf.
- We hold the exchange rate for you for up to 4 days.
What is a payment request?
- When you use PayMyTuition to transfer a payment, a payment request is required for each individual transaction. If you are looking to send multiple payments, each one will require its own payment request. We will use the information within the booking process to identify and deliver your payment to your selected institution.
What kind of payment methods does PayMyTuition offer?
- PayMyTuition accepts numerous payment options in order to suit your needs including bank transfers, credit/debit card payments, e-wallets and other online payment methods.
- Please note: Depending on the country in which you are located, payment methods may vary.
- If you wish to use a credit/debit card to make your transfer, the available card options will be displayed. Once you create your payment request, you will then be able to pay by card directly on our website. This process is the same for alternative online payment methods that you may choose to use.
- If you wish to use the bank transfer method, specific payment instructions containing your account details will be provided to you at the end of the payment request process. At this point, you will be able to initiate your transfer in person at your bank or through your online banking platform.
- Please note: You will need to utilize the provided payment instructions to initiate the transfer from your bank.
How can I create an account with PayMyTuition?
- Step 1 – Go to paymytuition.com
- Step 2 – Fill out your personal details and choose a unique password.
- Step 3 – Agree to the terms & conditions.
- Your account is then created and you may initiate any additional payment request you require.
How will PayMyTuition collect funds in my local currency?
PayMyTuition accepts payments in local currencies via bank transfers, credit cards, debit cards, and various e-wallet options such as PayPal, WeChat Pay, and Alipay.
After selecting your payment option, we will send you payment instructions via email and will also provide you with downloadable payment instructions through our payment confirmation dashboard.
If I pay in my local currency isn’t that what my school will receive?
PayMyTuition converts your payment into your institution’s local currency before it delivers your funds. The funds are converted at a great rate and you don’t need to worry about currency conversion. Your payment also arrives at your educational institution in full and you can track your payments through your own personal payment dashboard.
What is my sending limit?
At PayMyTuition we do not have a transfer cap for transfers but the issuing bank you are using to send the transfer from or the institution you are looking to send the transfer to may have caps in place. If you want to send more than the maximum amount your institution or bank allows, you will need to contact them.
Why is my student ID needed for making a payment request? Where do I find it?
Your student ID may be required by the institution you are making a payment to as it will be used to automatically allocate your funds to your correct student account. When you are completing a payment request with PayMyTuition, you may be prompted to enter your Student ID.
You can find your student ID within your college, school, or university documents, such as an invoice or course registration. If for some reason you are unable to find your Student ID, please contact your institution directly for it to be provided to you.
How do I create a repeat payment?
To create a repeat payment with PayMyTuition you can utilize the “Repeat Payment” function by way of these steps:
Step 1: Log in to your PayMyTuition account at www.paymytuition.com/login.
Step 2: Visit your “Payments Center” and navigate to your “Payment History”.
Step 3: Click the “Repeat Payment” button on a previously delivered payment that has your preferred payment method and information already included.
Step 4: Enter the amount you want to pay for this new payment. You will then see the total amount and the selected currency you will be making the transfer in.
Step 5: Select “Repeat Payment”.
Step 6: Click the “Accept” button. You will then see a new window appear with your transfer confirmation, click the “Accept” button to continue.
Please note: If you are using a different method for this payment than the one used for the initial payment, you will receive an error message on this payment. In this case you will need to create a new payment request directly with PayMyTuition.
How will I know if my payment was successful?
PayMyTuition provides you with an online tracking dashboard that allows you to track your payment every step of the way. You can view pending transactions as well as all your delivered historical payments in real-time 24/7.
I made a mistake on my payment; how do I correct it?
Not to worry! Simply log into your account, go to the “Payments Center” dashboard and cancel the incorrect payment. You can then initiate a new payment with the correct information.
How do I request a refund?
PayMyTuition is a payment processor for tuition payments. The funds we receive from you are considered the property of the institution and as such they must be delivered to them in full.
If you wish to process a refund, you must contact your institution and request a refund. Once your institution has approved the refund, they will settle the refund amount into your account at PayMyTuition.
The duration of the refund will depend on your institution’s processing time, the country, and the currency of where the refund is to be deposited.
Is PayMyTuition secure?
Yes. PayMyTuition employs secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology, and we display a valid certificate on every page when you use our payment processing system.
Is my personal information safe?
Please find more FAQ here.