Health Services

health centers of uws

Health Services Offered at UWS


All UWS students and their families are eligible to receive complimentary, high quality, chiropractic care from the Campus Health Center.


Counseling services for UWS students are available at no cost through the Pacific University Psychological Service Center. You can schedule an appointment with a counselor directly by emailing [email protected] If you have any questions about counseling services, please call the office of student services at 503-251-2802.

Health Insurance

All UWS students are encouraged to have health insurance coverage, but the university does not require students to show proof of health insurance coverage. For students interested in finding coverage, find an overview and comparison of multiple plan options here. UWS students are encouraged to review information on their consumer rights in regards to health insurance. The State of Oregon provides resources for you here.

Other helpful resources include:

Health Centers of UWS

Health Centers of UWS is the clinic system that operates in conjunction with the university. There are four locations throughout the Portland area, all offering whole-person, conservative health care, including chiropractic, massage therapy and functional medicine. There is also a diagnostic imaging clinic within the Campus Health Center that takes multiple types of insurance. Learn more about the Health Centers of UWS.

Fitness Facilities and Physical Activity Fee Reimbursement

The University of Western States fitness center, located in the the gym, includes aerobic equipment (FreeMotion Fitness ellipticals, bikes, and treadmills) and a strength training suite (weight systems, cable based training, and plenty of free space for equipment clearance). The gym features a basketball court, ping-pong table, foosball, lounge and locker rooms.

UWS encourages students to support healthy behaviors. Each quarter students can be reimbursed $20 for participating in a physical wellness activity. It can be an exercise class, wellness event, run, gym membership or team event. Just fill out the physical activity fee reimbursement form once a quarter, attach the receipt from that quarter and turn in the form to student services.

Sexual Assault and Interpersonal Violence Resources