Technology is part of our everyday here at University of Western States. Find access, information and resources for all your technology needs here. If you need to submit a service ticket or reference tutorials or forums, visit UWS ServiceHub.
What do you need?
UWS Technology Platforms
UWS Canvas: UWS Canvas is used by all programs as the university’s Learning Management System (LMS).
myUWS: myUWS is where you will find final grades, tuition statements, unofficial transcripts and class schedules.
Webmail: Webmail is the UWS internal email system. Important information will be sent to your UWS email address, not your personal email address.
Instructions for Electronic Testing
Many courses in the UWS chiropractic program include electronic tests administered through the ExamN+ browser. Follow these step-by-step instructions to set up guided access and the ExamN+ Browser.
Setting up Guided Access
The ExamN+ Browser app requires the use of Guided Access on your digital device. Guided Access locks down your device to the open app. You cannot send or receive texts, take screenshots, or access anything outside of the ExamN+ Browser.
Follow the ExamN+ Browser on iPad Help Manual instructions
- Enable iPad’s Guided Access
- Download the examN+ Browser
- Enter the registration code: EXAMNPLUS
To Install the ExamN+ Browser App
- Once the ExamN+ Browser app has been installed, open the app.
- Enter the Registration Code: EXAMNPLUS. This Registration Code only needs to be entered once during app setup.
- Tap Next.
- You will now see an Error message telling you to turn on Guided Access. You do this by triple-clicking your Home or Top button, depending on your iPad version.
- Enter your full UWS email as your Username.
- Tap Next.
- Enter your UWS email address and tap OK.
- When you have entered your username and password, tap Submit.
- You will now see a list of Available Tests.
Follow the Test Taking Help Manual instructions
- View test list
- Submit a test
NOTE for all students: It is good practice to log into the ExamN+ Browser app 24 hours prior to the time you will take a test to download the test and make sure there are no issues with your app or login, for example, an app update.
To Adjust Settings for Guided Access in the ExamN+ Browser App
- Log into the ExamN+ Browser app.
- Tap the Home button (or Top/Power button for iPad Air) three times.
- Enter the passcode you set for Guided Access.
- Tap Options.
- Enable Motion, Keyboard and Touch.
- To resume your testing session, tap Resume in the top right.
- To exit the Guided Access session, tap End in the top left.