Technology is part of our everyday here at University of Western States. Find access, information and resources for all your technology needs here. If you need to submit a service desk ticket or reference tutorials or forums, visit UWS ServiceHub.
What do you need?
Required Devices and Apps
UWS requires all doctor of chiropractic students to purchase an iPad. Find more detailed specifications and answers to frequently asked questions about devices here.
You will use these apps throughout your time at UWS. Please download them to your iPad. The library also provides a guide to helpful journal apps for your iPad.
- AllofE Browser: This is the app that you will use for electronic testing. When prompted to enter the registration code, enter EMED-OFFL. *New DC students: You must set up your account before the start of classes. Follow these set up instructions. If you experience difficulty creating your account, please submit a ServiceHub ticket.
- iClicker Reef: This is a “clicker” app used for polling and less formal quizzing in the classroom. When you set up your account, please use your UWS email address as your login name. You must set up your account before the start of classes.
- Panopto Mobile: Panopto is the UWS streaming video server and lecture capture tool where most UWS recorded course content is streamed. Access course video content via browser or the Panopto Mobile app. View HD video presentations, lectures, instructional videos and recorded events. Search inside videos by keyword or topic. Log in to UWS Panopto (uws.hosted.panopto.com) using your webCampus credentials (your UWS email address and password).
- Leica AirLab: Leica AirLab recognizes the WiFi signal from select Leica microscopes and allows several users to simultaneously capture, annotate, measure, share and organize the images from the scopes. Image adjustments, customization of annotation appearance and calibration for measurements can be done on both the live and captured images for professional results. You may be using this app in conjunction with special microscopes for some of your lab courses in first quarter.
UWS Technology Platforms
webCampus: UWS webCampus is the university’s classroom space that includes courses and resources for students. You cannot login to webCampus until you have your UWS email address and password. Read the user’s guide here.
myUWS: myUWS is where you will find final grades, tuition statements, unofficial transcripts and class schedules.
Webmail: Webmail is the UWS internal email system. Important information will be sent to your UWS email address, not your personal email address.
Many courses in the UWS chiropractic program include electronic tests administered through the AllofE browser. Follow these step-by-step instructions to set up guided access and the AllofE Browser.
Setting up Guided Access
The AllofE Browser app requires the use of Guided Access on your iPad. Guided Access locks down your iPad to the open app. You cannot send or receive texts, take screenshots, or access anything outside of the AllofE Browser.
To Enable Guided Access
- In Settings on your iPad, tap General.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Scroll down to Learning and tap Guided Access.
- Turn it on and set a Passcode. This passcode is for Guided Access only.
- You have now enabled Guided Access.
Setting Up the AllofE Browser
- Download the AllofE Browser from the App Store.
- Once it has been installed, open the app.
- When you first set up the app, it will ask for a Registration Code. This code will only have to be entered once. The Registration Code is EMED-OFFL
- Tap Next.
- You will now see an Error message telling you to turn on Guided Access. You do this by triple-clicking your Home button.
- Enter your full UWS email as your Username.
- NOTE – New students may not be able to log in right away. Your account will be created in the system before Welcome Day.
- If this is your first time loging in, you will need to click the Forgot Password?
- Enter your UWS email address and tap OK.
- Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
- When you have entered your username and password, tap Submit.
- You will now see a list of Available Tests.
- NOTE – You don’t have to have any tests assigned to log into the app. In the future, it is good practice to log into the app prior to the time you will take a test to make sure there are no issues with your app or login.
- Select the test you want to take to highlight it and tap Download Test.
- Once the test is downloaded, tap Take Test to begin the test.
- Refresh will reload the testing list.
To Adjust Settings for Guided Access in the AllofE Browser App
- To leave a testing session, click the Home button three times.
- Enter the passcode you set for Guided Access.
- You will see the Guided Access settings options screen.
- In the center bottom, make sure that Touch is enabled.
- Tap Hardware Buttons in the bottom left. It will display some functionality options. Make sure both Motion and Keyboard are enabled.
- To resume your testing session, tap Resume in the top right.
- To exit the Guided Access session, tap End in the top left.