Services for Students with Disabilities
University of Western States is committed to providing equal access to opportunity for qualified students with disabilities in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 as amended (2008). University of Western States (UWS) reasonably accommodates qualified students with disabilities, to afford them an equal opportunity to participate in courses, programs and activities.
The UWS office of student services consults with students to determine eligibility and makes the final determination about the accommodations the university will provide in response to an accommodation request. All documentation submitted to student services is considered a student record and kept under strict confidentiality following FERPA guidelines.
Students receiving accommodations through the UWS office of student services are required to adhere to the procedures outlined in the Accessibility Services Procedural Manual, and are held accountable for conduct that violates the Student Code of Conduct.
For more information on disability-related accommodations, please contact by email the office of student services or by phone at 503-251-2802.
Documentation that a student submits to student services when requesting accommodations should be current and relevant to higher education and answer the following questions:
- What is the disability or condition for which the student is seeking services?
- How does the disability impact the student in a higher education environment?
- What evaluations, tests or assessments were used to diagnose the disability and/or demonstrate its impact?
- What accommodations have been recommended or used in the past?
Some examples of documentation that may support a student’s request for accommodations include:
- Psycho-educational evaluations
- Medical evaluations
- Speech or hearing evaluations
- IEPs or 504 plans
- Other professional evaluations that are specific to the disability
Request Test Appointment
Accommodated exams may be scheduled by sending a request to [email protected]. Please include the following information:
- Exam date
- Exam time start and finish
- Instructor’s name
- Course name
- Exam name: “Test 2”, “Midterm 1”, “Quiz 3”, etc.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions about exam accommodations.