COVID-19 Information for Prospective Students
The health and safety of our community, which includes our prospective students, is our number one priority. In light of the recent spread of COVID-19, University of Western States is taking a few measures that may affect you including:
- Offering campus video tours, online admissions counseling and informational webinar sessions.
- Providing up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 measures at the university and what actions UWS has taken and plans to take in the future.
- Transitioning the first and second quarters of the DC program to remote delivery through spring 2021.
To get more information on your virtual admissions journey contact your admissions advisor. If you do not have an assigned advisor please email [email protected] or call 800-641-5641.
We are so excited for you to be a part of our community and look forward to meeting you in person. In the meantime, stay well!
Welcome to University of Western States (UWS)! We are glad you stopped by to learn more about us. You should know that UWS is one of the oldest institutions in North America focusing on whole-person health care. We realize that world-class health care exists because of excellent health professionals and that health care extends beyond science. Empathy, relationships and communication combined with evidence-informed approaches are required to deliver whole-person, patient-centered care. It is a progressive approach that our students — and their patients and clients — take to heart.
With a number of highly specialized degrees and certificates — including doctor of chiropractic, human nutrition and functional medicine, clinical mental health counseling, diagnostic imaging, and sport and performance psychology — UWS is helping create a new breed of health care professionals. Students never lose sight of why they chose their path: to realize the transformative power of education and training that enriches their experiences and improves the lives of their patients.
We invite you to get to know UWS — and join us on our quest to help change the face of modern health care.
UWS Student Navigator
Looking for something? The UWS Student Navigator provides you with 24/7 access to the information you’re searching for. Explore academic, diversity and campus resources and find help with registration, funding, billing, student life and technology.
What makes Portland so great?
5. Local artisan shops at every corner
4. You can easily, safely bike everywhere
3. Food carts galore
2. 10,000 acres of public parks
1. Portland is a city unlike any other: the people, the culture and the atmosphere make it truly one-of-a-kind