- After you click submit, scroll down to ensure all required fields are complete and nothing is highlighted red.
If the required fields are not completed, the form will not be submitted or processed.
- You will receive a copy of your completed form via e-mail within a matter of minutes. If you do not, please resubmit or contact email@example.com.
- If you do not receive a response from the office of the president within two weeks please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest Speaker Process:
- Individual students, clubs, ASB and UWS employees can all apply to be a Guest Speaker Sponsor (GSS). Prior to applying to be a Guest Speaker Sponsor, please verify that a satisfactory audience is interested in the proposed presentation topic and that the topic aligns with the UWS mission. Student clubs and ASB are required to consult their advisor for initial approval.
- Complete and submit the online guest speaker request form below. You must attach a current CV for the proposed speaker as part of the request. Incomplete guest speaker requests will not be accepted. The GSS may suggest possible dates that will accommodate the speaker, but please do not extend an invitation until notified of final approval.
- If the proposed speaker is a licensed health care professional, the office of the president will verify that the licensee is in good standing with the relevant licensing agencies, and the guest speaker request will be sent to the president for final approval or denial.
- After the president’s approval, the office of the president will request that the speaker sign a guest speaker contract agreeing to specific protocols.
- The office of the president will notify the GSS when the guest speaker contract has been submitted. At that point, the GSS will be responsible for completing all sections of the online event request form and coordinating scheduling and logistical details with the speaker.
- The GSS is required to arrange for a UWS employee to be present during the presentation to assist with logistical needs and introductions. Please email the name of the designated employee to email@example.com at least one week prior to the presentation.
Individuals that have not been approved to speak at UWS may not be invited by any student(s) or student group to make any presentation on campus or at any UWS-sponsored events. Students that invite or assist non-approved individuals in making any unauthorized presentations and/or demonstrations on campus, or at any UWS sponsored events anywhere, will be considered in violation of Policy 9001- Student Conduct and are subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal from the university.
With advanced preparation, the process can run smoothly. UWS requires 6-8 weeks from the time an application is submitted to process the request. This allows adequate time for the approval process and for promotion of the event. Speakers are not typically scheduled during breaks, week 1, week 10 or finals week.
Your speaker’s engagement may be accepted, yet deferred. This may occur if there are too many events scheduled during a given week or quarter or if there is a delay in receiving paperwork.
Please contact the office of the president (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.