- The office of student services requires approximately 6-8 weeks from the time an application is submitted to process the request.
- After submitting the form, scroll down to ensure all required fields are complete and nothing is highlighted red.
If the required fields are not completed, the form will not be submitted or processed.
- A copy of the completed form will be provided via e-mail within a matter of minutes. If a copy of the form is not received via email, resubmit or contact Pete Szucs in the office of student services.
- If no response is received within two weeks, email [email protected].
Guest Speaker Process:
- Individual students, clubs, ASB and UWS employees may apply to be a Guest Speaker Sponsor (GSS). Prior to applying to be a Guest Speaker Sponsor, verify that a satisfactory audience is interested in the proposed presentation topic and that the topic aligns with the UWS mission. Student clubs and ASB must consult their club advisor for initial approval.
- Complete and submit the online guest speaker request form below. A current CV for the proposed speaker must be included as part of the request. Incomplete guest speaker requests will not be considered. The GSS may suggest possible dates that will accommodate the speaker. However, the speaker is not to be invited until the GSS is notified of final approval.
- If the proposed speaker is a licensed health care professional, the office of student services will verify that the licensee is in good standing with the relevant licensing agencies, and the guest speaker request will be reviewed for final approval or denial.
- After approval, the office of student services will request that the speaker sign a guest speaker contract agreeing to specific protocols.
- The office of student service will notify the GSS when the guest speaker contract has been submitted. At that point, the GSS will be responsible for completing all sections of the online event request form and coordinating scheduling and logistical details with the speaker.
- The GSS is required to arrange for a UWS employee to be present during the presentation to assist with logistical needs and introductions. Email the name of the designated employee to [email protected] at least one week prior to the presentation.
Individuals that have not been approved to speak at UWS may not be invited by any student(s) or student group to make any presentation on campus or at any UWS-sponsored events. Students that invite or assist non-approved individuals in making any unauthorized presentations and/or demonstrations on campus, or at any UWS sponsored events anywhere, may be considered in violation of Policy 9001- Student Conduct and may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal from the university.
With advanced preparation, the process runs smoothly. The office of student services requires approximately 6-8 weeks from the time an application is submitted to process the request. This allows adequate time for the approval process and for promotion of the event. Speakers are not typically scheduled during breaks, week 1, week 10 or finals week.
Guest speaker requests may be accepted, yet deferred. This may occur if there are too many events scheduled during a given week or quarter or if there is a delay in receiving paperwork.
Please contact the office of student services at [email protected] if there are any questions.