Dr. Minich earned her BA in biology at Augustana University, her MS in human nutrition and dietetics at University of Illinois – Chicago and her PhD at the University of Groningen (Netherlands), where her dissertation topic was Essential Fatty Acid Absorption and Metabolism. She is a fellow of the American College of Nutrition, an Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP), a Certified Nutrition Specialist, a Certified Nutritionist (Washington State Department of Health) and a registered yoga teacher (Yoga Alliance).
Dr. Minich has wide-ranging experience in nutritional science, industry and education, having served as a senior research scientist for General Mills, product formulator and clinical research scientist for Cooke Pharma, vice president for scientific affairs at Metagenics, technical and creative curriculum consultant at the Institute for Functional Medicine, and clinical nutritionist at MetaProteomics, Inc. Functional Medicine Research Center (FMRC). She is a member of the Institute for Functional Medicine Nutrition Board, The American Society of Nutrition Science, the American College of Nutrition and the American Association of Diabetes Educators. Dr. Minich is also the developer of The Detox Summit.
- Detoxification and Biotransformation Pathways and Imbalances
- A program consisting of a phytonutrient-rich medical food and an elimination diet ameliorated fibromyalgia symptoms and promoted toxic-element detoxification in a pilot trial. Altern Ther Health Med (2011), 17(2):36-44
- Nutritional supplementation of hop rho iso-alpha acids, berberine, vitamin D₃, and vitamin K₁ produces a favorable bone biomarker profile supporting healthy bone metabolism in postmenopausal women with metabolic syndrome. Nutr Res (2011), 31(5):347-55
- Subjects with elevated LDL cholesterol and metabolic syndrome benefit from supplementation with soy protein, phytosterols, hops rho iso-alpha acids, and Acacia nilotica proanthocyanidins. J Clin Lipidol (2010), 4(1):59-68
- Hop rho iso-alpha acids, berberine, vitamin D(3) and vitamin K (1) favorably impact biomarkers of bone turnover in postmenopausal women in a 14-week trial. J Bone Miner Metab (2009)
- Dietary Management of Metabolic Syndrome Beyond Macronutrients. Nutr Rev (2008), 66(8):429-44
- The Complete Handbook of Quantum Healing (Conari Press, 2010)
- Quantum Supplements: A Total Health and Wellness Makeover Using Vitamins, Minerals, and Herbs (Conari Press, 2010)
- An A to Z Guide to Food Additives: Never Eat What You Can’t Pronounce (Conari Press, 2009)