Members of the UWS faculty, staff and students are eligible to receive health care services in our Campus Health Center (CHC). Most of these services are provided at no charge, while others are offered at a substantially reduced fee and may be covered by insurance. This benefit is extended to many of your family members as well. Call the CHC for an appointment at 503-255-6771.
- Chiropractic care
- Health consultations and physical examinations
- Nutritional assessments and guidance
- Therapeutic and wellness exercise recommendations
- Individualized care plans and recommendations for health and wellness
- Custom-fitted stabilizing orthotics (shoe insoles) – 2 pairs every 2 years for staff, faculty and students only
Cost associated services:
- X-ray studies
- Diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound studies
- Bone density screenings
- Custom-fitted stabilizing orthotics (shoe insoles) – additional pairs not covered in complimentary services section
- A variety of other biomechanical and nutritional supports and supplies
The Campus Health Center staff and students in the clinical internship phase of our chiropractic program are committed to helping you and your family optimize health and well-being. If you are not already accessing this benefit, please consider seeing us for a health assessment and individualized recommendations – not only as a step toward improved wellness, but also as an opportunity to enhance the experiences of our students.
Call for an appointment today – 503-255-6771
The Imaging Center of UWS is seeking UWS students and employees to volunteer for musculoskeletal ultrasound studies. The volunteer program is an opportunity for our residents in diagnostic imaging and our fellow in sports medicine to practice scanning protocols. Diagnostic ultrasound is a non-invasive imaging modality that uses no radiation and has no known contraindications or risks. The studies will be conducted by the diagnostic imaging department. Required time: Approximately 30 minutes. Diagnostic interpretation and reports are not provided.
If you have any questions regarding the volunteer program or MSK-US in general, please contact Melinda Novak, DC, at [email protected]or 503-847-2549.