Minga Guerrero, DC, 2018 UWS Alumna of the Year

Minga GuerreroDr. Minga Guerrero, 1984 graduate of University of Western States (UWS), was named the 2018 UWS Alumna of the Year.

Over the span of her professional career, Dr. Guerrero has been a reliable and principled ally of the chiropractic profession with service on numerous boards and committees including president of the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners (OBCE), district delegate to the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (FCLB), and trustee for University of Western States. Dr. Guerrero has been a mentor for younger doctors, taught chiropractic assistants and served as a UWS faculty member.

“Dr. Guerrero embodies all the best qualities of a chiropractic physician: compassion and skill, dedication to her patients and her profession, and a commitment to providing the highest possible quality chiropractic care,” said UWS President Dr. Joseph Brimhall. “We are proud to honor her as the 2018 UWS Alumna of the Year.”

“This award means so much to me because University of Western States is my home,” said Dr. Guerrero. “I feel like UWS is my family. This school gave so much to me and I truly feel blessed to be able to pay it forward and help mentor the next generation. I am so hopeful for all the current students and students to come because I just know that they will continue on the tradition of loving this profession.”