University of Western States (UWS) is open for scheduled in-person campus tours! Whether you are a prospective student or a UWS alum, we want to show you around. See below for scheduling instructions.
We also have plenty of other options for you to get familiar with the university. You can view our campus video tour below, join a virtual open house or watch a webinar.
Our advisors are also available for individual appointments via phone or video chat. Our office is ready and excited to support future students with these online opportunities. To get more information contact your admissions advisor. If you do not have an assigned advisor please email [email protected] or call 971-449-9201.
We are so excited for you to be a part of our community and look forward to meeting you in person.
Schedule Your UWS Campus Tour
A UWS campus tour is a great way to experience university life and see firsthand what awaits you at UWS. Visits are available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, except during holidays or other special circumstances. Please use the schedule tour button below to pick an available time with the office of admissions.
Please contact our office directly if you are a person with a disability and desire assistance.
Specific questions or requests can be handled by calling or emailing: [email protected] | 971-449-9201
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN STATES
8000 NE Tillamook Street
Portland, Oregon 97213
Find a campus map and directions here.
To schedule a tour email [email protected] or call 800-641-5641.
The office of alumni relations would love to offer you a personalized tour of the new campus. Please visit this page for more information and to schedule your tour.
Your visit will include a first-hand look at clinics, classrooms, the library, fitness center, common study areas and more. When you arrive on the UWS campus you may park in any “Visitor” parking spot, then enter the building through the main entrance at the center of campus. Once inside, please check-in at the front desk at the top of the stairs. After you have checked-in, a UWS staff member will greet you, take you on a campus tour and answer any questions you may have.
Make it a vacation
Visit TravelPortland.com for event and travel ideas.
About Our Campus
The University of Western States main campus is located in a bustling neighborhood, 15 minutes from downtown Portland and close to public transportation at 8000 NE Tillamook Street. The neighborhood, Madison South, offers a lively atmosphere and borders the neighborhoods of Sumner, Roseway, Parkrose, Cully, Montavilla and Rose City. Some landmarks and attractions near to campus include the Grotto, Rocky Butte Natural Area, Rose City Golf Course, and McDaniel High School – as well as many restaurants and coffee shops. The main campus is served by a TriMet bus stop adjacent to the site and a MAX Light Rail Station within one-quarter mile. It is also on the Tillamook Neighborhood Greenway bike route. The building itself holds active learning classrooms, an accessible clinic and modern equipment and resources.
Highlights of our campus include:
- Four traditional lecture classrooms (one of which can be divided into two smaller classrooms).
- Three multi-purpose classrooms to allow hands-on practice and active learning.
- Four technique labs.
- Specialty classrooms including a science lab, a computer lab and a radiographic technique lab.
- Flexible furniture in classrooms so that the space can be changed in the future as needed.
- An exercise area that is roughly 4,000 square feet.
- At least six dedicated private study rooms as well as increased space for both quiet and group study options:
- 1,800 square feet of dedicated and closed off quiet study space.
- 2,700 square feet of group study space in the student commons.
- Roughly 3,600 square feet of study space in the library.
- A modern health care facility designed to fulfill patient needs and provide exceptional opportunities for clinical training.
- A prominent location, close to public transportation options, allowing for the university to easily serve its’ neighborhood and the Portland community.