Brief Bio: Jaime is a former college athlete who played soccer at New Mexico Highlands University. She has a passion for athletics and strives for a career in the sports realm.
- Why did you choose UWS? Why did you choose SPP? I chose UWS because the online program allows me to work full time while pursuing a degree in something I love. UWS will also get me ready for licensure in many different areas in psychology and counseling. I have always had a passion for sports and wanted to specialize in working with athletes by helping with their mental preparedness.
- What has been your favorite class? All of the classes have been interesting so far, but I would have to say my favorite is “Psychological Preparation and Mental Skills Training.”
- What has been your experience with learning in SPP’s online environment? The online environment is amazing. I am a visual learner, so the weekly readings and assigned videos are very conducive to my learning style.
- What has been the most surprising part of attending UWS? I was shocked to be able to physically go to campus! It’s located in a very cute neighborhood. I was not planning on going to campus, given my classes are online, but the school is located in a great and accessible spot in Portland.
- What do you hope to do after graduation? I hope to work full time as a sport psychology consultant at a college or with a professional team. I also would also enjoy teaching classes or having a private practice.
- Favorite way to get some stress out from school? I recently started doing Barre! It’s a mixture of Pilates, ballet and yoga. It’s amazing.