You don’t have to handle everything on your own.
University of Western States values your whole-person health and wellness and understands that life challenges may impact your ability to succeed academically. As a UWS student, you and your household members have access to the WellConnect student assistance program!
This free and confidential service, available to all UWS students (both on campus and online) through WellConnect, provides you or anyone in your household referrals and support for:
- Counseling (in-person, phone, video and text)
- Life skills
- Financial and legal consultation
- And much more!
Visit WellConnectForYou.com (code: UWS) or call 866‑640‑4777 to learn more about how WellConnect can help you stress less, balance school, work and life, improve relationships, reduce debt, live healthier, and more.
Students are encouraged to call the toll-free number to speak to one of WellConnect’s student life specialists (master’s level counselors) who will listen to your situation and provide referrals for services that best fit your needs.
How counseling works through WellConnect
- Students receive five (5) counseling sessions, per each different situation, per calendar year.
- Connect with a counselor by:
- Calling WellConnect’s student support line (866‑640‑4777) to speak with one of WellConnect’s student life specialists who will listen to your situation and provide referrals for services that best fit your needs.
- Accessing online counseling directly through WellConnect’s website (note, WellConnect uses the BetterHelp platform for online counseling services, but you need to access through WellConnect site).
- Counseling is available in multiple formats including: live telephone calls, scheduled live video chats, real-time texting, asynchronous and in-person (where available).
What counts as a counseling session
- An asynchronous messaging exchange over seven (7) consecutive days with a therapist (anything under 500 words would not be considered a session).
- One scheduled live telephone call with a therapist.
- One scheduled live video chat with a therapist.
- One scheduled live real-time chat with a therapist.
Other Crisis Resources
Connected Whole Health Clinic – 503-808-7979
Health care for students and their families – almost all services free of charge.
Student Affairs – 503-251-2802 or email [email protected]
Discuss options for a temporary leave or withdrawal from your program, academic accommodations or academic support, such as tutoring or academic coaching.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call or text 988.
Portland Area Resources
211info.org – 211
Call 211 to get connected to local resources. Confidential referrals for finding food, utility assistance, housing resources, health care and more.
Cascadia Health Urgent Walk-In Clinic – 503-963-2575
4212 SE Division, Suite 100, Portland, OR 97206
Free walk-in mental health care and assessment. Referrals to additional services.
Pacific University Psychology and Comprehensive Health Clinic – 503-352-2400
1411 SW Morrison St, Suite 310, Portland, OR 97205
Mental health counseling. Low-cost student rates available.
Portland Vet Center – 1505 NE 122nd Ave, Portland, OR 97230 – 503-688-5361
Free, confidential help for veterans, service members and their families.
If you have any questions or trouble accessing WellConnect’s services, contact the UWS student success team at [email protected] or 503-251-2802.