At UWS we strive to create a workplace filled with respect and appreciation of all persons that are a part of our university community. UWS further strives to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity.
Equal Opportunity Statement
How to Apply
1. Student must be eligible to participate in Federal Work Study (FWS). Contact the financial aid office to determine eligibility.
2. If eligible, student may apply for any open position and will be referred to the supervisor overseeing the position.
3. If hired, student will need to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the U.S. to the human resources department.
1. Review the job description to determine if the position is open to international students. If the language contains “Student – Federal Work-Study only” then international students are not eligible to be hired. If the language contains “Student – U.S. Federal Work Study or International” then international students are eligible to apply.
2. Contact the financial aid office to go over any general questions and get the application process started.
3. Obtain a U.S. social security number. This process can take up to several weeks. Contact the UWS Designated School Official (DSO) to start the process.
Student Teaching Assistant
POSITION: Student Teaching Assistant
DEPARTMENT: variable in the College of Chiropractic
CLASSIFICATION: Student – U.S. Federal Work Study or International
ESTIMATED HOURS: up to 18 hours per week; varies each term depending on instructional needs
COMPENSATION: $13.40 per hour
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: multiple
Student Teaching assistants in the doctor of chiropractic program primarily assist faculty in providing lab instruction in a variety of courses. Subject areas may include, but are not limited to, biomechanics, palpation, adjustive technique, physical therapy, history taking, physical exam, orthopedic testing, report of findings, taping/splinting, minor surgery, and report writing. Subject areas are chosen at the discretion of the Department Chair and Dean.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Observe, assist, demonstrate and offer constructive feedback to students in clinical skills development instructional lab sessions.
- As appropriate, perform simulations of various conditions which may include having students take histories and perform examination procedures on the teaching assistant.
- Meet with the lead course instructor and/or the lab coordinator as necessary for training, educational, and/or administrative purposes.
- Read, understand and act in accordance with all FERPA standards established by UWS for protecting the security and privacy of student records.
- Demonstrate appropriate ethical, communication, appearance and behavior attributes, consistent with being a professional.
- Communicate with faculty and administrative personnel regarding schedule and availability in a timely manner.
Qualifications: (Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform job)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the clinical skills associated with the instructional assignment.
Demonstrated meeting all CCE Meta-Competency Outcomes pertinent to courses taught.
- Have sufficient mobility to move among students engaged in various types of lab activities.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to accurately identify student psychomotor abilities.
- Have sufficient manual dexterity to operate adjusting tables and/or equipment as instructional activities demand.
Requirements: (Education, training and experience)
- Must be 11th quarter or above.
- Must have passed all courses to date and the Clinical Skills Assessment Practical Exam
POSITION: Administrative Support
DEPARTMENT: Business Office
CLASSIFICATION: Student – Federal Work-Study only
Estimated hours: 2-4 hours/week
Positions available: 1
Assist Business Office with customer service, as well as administrative/clerical tasks.
- Receipt of payments
- Customer Service
- General clerical duties including data entry, photocopying, scanning and filing
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (Skills and abilities needed to perform job.)
- Current enrollment in any UWS academic program
- Reliable, punctual and able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Able to meet assigned deadlines
- Strict confidentiality and compliance with FERPA/HIPAA
To apply, please visit financial aid office to confirm work-study eligibility. Eligible students will be referred to supervisor for application process. Position is open until filled.
No phone calls please. EOE.