Ebling, O’Hana Named UWS Faculty Member of the Year

UWS Faculty Member of the Year Graphic

Congratulations to the recipients of the inaugural UWS Faculty Member of the Year award, Carrie Ebling, DC, LMT from the UWS college of chiropractic and Amy O’Hana, PhD, LPC from the UWS college of graduate studies.

“I’m so grateful to have been selected by my peers for this award,” said Dr. Ebling. “The support of administration has allowed me to further my education in teaching methods, which I have had the freedom to implement in the classroom to increase student engagement. I am truly honored and love that I get to share my passion for chiropractic with so many amazing students.”

“I’m incredibly honored and grateful to receive this award, and like any great endeavor, it did not happen alone,” said Dr. O’Hana. “Everything I know, someone else taught me. Everything I do, someone else mentored me for. I teach at a cutting-edge university, in an innovative program, with supportive colleagues and rock-star students. It means so much to receive this award, but even better, the connections I’ve made along the way have made my work a JOY, not a job.” 

The Faculty Member of the Year award was developed to recognize faculty contributions and successes based on peer nominations. Faculty nominated Dr. Ebling and Dr. O’Hana for their demonstration of the student-focus core value of UWS.

“We are proud to congratulate the recipients of the inaugural UWS Faculty Member of the Year award representing the college of chiropractic and college of graduate studies,” said Dr. Dana Sims, UWS provost. “Both Dr. Ebling and Dr. O’Hana were nominated by their peers for their clear commitment to our student-focused core value and are so deserving of this recognition. We celebrate these members of our faculty and the tremendous work they do in preparing our students!”