Thank you for thinking of UWS for an in-kind donation! Your generosity is very meaningful to us. Please read the donation guidelines below and submit the form. Your gift will be reviewed by our development team and assessed for need and compliance. After review, we will be in touch and let you know the status of your gift. Questions? Contact the development team at [email protected].
Gifts-in-kind are gifts of property that are voluntarily transferred by a donor to UWS without compensation. These gifts may include equipment, vehicles, materials, supplies, artwork, gift cards and other personal property a donor might give to UWS for use in its educational programs or fundraising endeavors.
Guidelines for Library Donations
- Materials that fall into the scope of the library’s collection.
- Topics: within the field of health care, and as determined by the university’s current curricular offerings. This generally falls into chiropractic, human nutrition and functional medicine, clinical nutrition, sports medicine, clinical mental health counseling, and sport and performance psychology.
- Audience: preference given to items written for clinicians, practitioners and educators.
- Currency: Published within the last 20 years; textbooks within the past 10 years. Exceptions to this are for items of historical or therapeutic significance (generally within the field of chiropractic).
- Format: print and audiovisual (VHS, DVD).
Please note that we cannot accept items in poor condition, including but not limited to moldy, water damaged, dirty/dusty, and/or are heavily written in or marked with highlighter pens.
Guidelines for Clinic Donations
- Adjustment equipment with approval, including photos/videos for review.
- Supplements that are greater than 90 days from expiration date.
- Operational soft tissue instruments.
- Operational and help instruments.
- Equipment related to vital signs (i.e. EKG).
- Decorative art.
- Hoyer lift.
DONATION REQUEST FORM
Gifts-in-kind to UWS must be reported to the advancement office immediately upon receipt using this form. For additional information please refer to the UWS Donation Acceptance Policy 7002 at UWS Policies – University of Western States.