Dr. Crinnion earned his BS in biology at University of San Francisco and his ND degree from Bastyr University. He was chair of the environmental medicine department at the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, and has also served on the faculty at Bastyr University and the National College of Natural Medicine. Dr. Crinnion was named Physician of the Year by the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) and is also a two-time winner of AANP’s Best In-Office Research Award.
He has served as editor of the environmental medicine section for Alternative Medicine Review and as an invited peer-reviewer for journals including the New England Journal of Medicine, Annals of Internal Medicine, International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health, Pharmaceutical Biology, Public Health Nutrition, Archives of Oral Biology and Food and Chemical Toxicology.
- Detoxification and Biotransformation Pathways and Imbalances
- Clean, Green and Lean: Get rid of the toxins that make you fat (Wiley Publishers, 2010)
- Statin drugs should never be used for a person with Parkinsonism, diabetes or cardiomyopathy. Integ Med Clinic J (2013), 12(5):20-21
- Do environmental toxicants contribute to allergy and asthma? Altern Med Rev (2012);17(1):6-18
- The role of persistent organic pollutants in the worldwide epidemic of type 2 diabetes mellitus and the possible connection to Farmed Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar). Altern Med Rev (2011);16(4):301-13; Sauna as a valuable clinical tool for cardiovascular, autoimmune, toxicant- induced and other chronic health problems. Altern Med Rev (2011);16(3):215-25
- EDTA redistribution of lead and cadmium into the soft tissues in a human with a high lead burden - should DMSA always be used to follow EDTA in such cases? Altern Med Rev (2011) Jun;16(2):109-12