Learn more, meet the instructors and tour the campus at our massage therapy open house.
March 9 | 6:30 – 8 p.m. | UWS campus
Are you a relationship-driven person who believes in the healing art of therapeutic massage? Do you want to make an immediate impact on someone’s day, have a flexible schedule and financial freedom? Then the massage therapy profession may be for you.
A leader in the education of health care professionals, University of Western States (UWS) provides a one-year massage therapy program that delivers a solid foundation and a competitive edge in preparing students for clinical practice. UWS is a regionally-accredited, non-profit institution dedicated to improving the health of society through its educational programs, research and clinical services.
We know there are many options for massage therapy certification programs out there. Why choose UWS?
- UWS was established in 1904 and has a long history of educational excellence.
- When you become a massage therapy student here you have access to the university’s award-winning anatomical sciences building and library to foster hands-on, science-based learning.
- When you graduate, the perks don’t stop there. We help place our students in a variety of settings, from high-end spas to medical clinics working with physical therapists, chiropractors and more! More importantly, we help place you in a job that allows you to make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- 13:1 student-to-teacher ratio in all massage and lab classes.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- You get to work on real patients through our clinic system.
- You will be learning from doctorate-level instructors who have a profound understanding of the human body.
- UWS is the only university-based massage program in Oregon.
Classes are held Monday through Thursday in the evening in Portland. Clinical rotations and open labs are typically held outside of the normal schedule. Seminar classes and outreach events are held on weekends approximately once a quarter.