100-hour Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician Training
Live at UWS in Portland Oregon
Join your colleagues and advance your career by becoming a sports specialist. Sports certified doctors of chiropractic generally experience greater clinical opportunity and greater revenue generation than their non-sports certified counterparts. Revitalize your career and improve your chiropractic case management skills and clinical competency by becoming certified as a chiropractic sports specialist. Don’t miss this outstanding opportunity.
Completion of the Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician® (CCSP®) program leads to eligibility to take the CCSP® examination offered by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians™ (ACBSP™). This coursework is led by Dr. Bill Moreau, managing director of sports medicine at the United States Olympics. Increase your sports medicine clinical expertise to provide better service to the community you live in and the patients you serve.
This hybrid course includes in-person lectures that emphasizes hands-on activities and distance-based coursework that maximizes your learning investment and saves you time.
Live Program Schedule:
- July 11-12, 2020 – The Spine, Concussion and Team Physician Concepts – William Moreau, DC, DACBSP, FACSM
- August 8 – 9, 2020 – Chiropractic Management of the Extremities – Joel Dekanich, DC, BSN, MS, DACBSP, CSCS
- September 19 – 20, 2020 – Emergency Procedures (MANDATORY SESSION) – Kelly Shockley, DC, DACBSP
- October 17-18, 2020 – Correlative Case Studies in Sports Chiropractic – Perry Williams, DC, DACBSP
Sat: 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. & Sun: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Total CE Hours per live weekend:
Online course material will be made available after completion of the first class and must be completed before you can take the certification exam.
The online coursework includes the following areas of study:
• Special populations in sport
• Environmental issues
• Exercise physiology
• Introduction to rehabilitation
• Medical legal issues in sport
• Nutritional considerations
• Upper and lower extremity evaluation/management
Details about the CCSP Certification Process can be found HERE
CE coverage is provided in the jurisdictions listed below. If you need continuing education credits in a location not listed here, please call the CE office to make your request. 503-251-65719
- University of Western States is an approved provider of CE for Chiropractors for the Providers of Approved Continuing Education (PACE) program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards. States that accept courses that are approved by PACE include: AK, CT, DC, ID, IN, IA, KS, ME, MD, MA, MN, MT, NV, NJ, NC, ND, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, Puerto Rico and Nova Scotia.
- University of Western States is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) which provides approval of CE for Chiropractors for all CE programs. The states that approve courses offered by CCE universities are: CT, DC, DE, IA, ID, IN, MA, MS, MT, ND, OR, RI, SC, UT, VA, WA, WY and BC.
- The following states do not pre-approve CE: CO, NE, and OH. Plus, Ontario, and British Columbia. Submit this certificate directly to your state board for approval.
*Every attempt is made to offer programs as announced. UWS reserves the right to adjust program, faculty, location, dates, times, and/or tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences, to limit seating, or to cancel due to insufficient enrollment. UWS is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to program adjustments or cancellation. Only those who are pre-registered can be notified in the event of changes/cancellation.
Cancellation Notice: $35 non-refundable fee included in the registration.
Cancellations made with less than one week notice are non-refundable and cannot be credited toward future programs.
Questions? Please call 800-215-3716 or email [email protected].
Total Tuition $2,500 for 50 live hours and 50 online hours. Payment plans are available.
Seminar cost includes 50 hours of live training sessions at UWS campus with meals, 50 hours of online education with DConline.org, CE credit in PACE and CCE States, and transcript delivery to the ACBSP upon request.
Location: University of Western States, University of Western States, 8000 NE Tillamook Street, Portland, OR 97213
Hybrid Program with Live and Online Learning